Auditions for Miracle on 34th Street The Musical Monday, Oct. 20 at Limelight Theatre
Show will be staged Dec. 5 through Jan. 4 at Limelight Theatre
Auditions for Miracle on 34th Street The Musical will begin at 6 p.m. Monday, Oct. 20 at Limelight Theatre, 11 Old Mission Ave., in uptown St. Augustine. The musical will be Dec. 5, 2014 through Jan. 4, 2015 on the Matuza Main Stage.
Those auditioning are asked to bring a resume and head shot, and a list of conflict dates. Rehearsals will begin approximately one week after the auditions.
Please prepare 32 bars of a song, and be prepared to read from the script. Songs from the show are fine. Accompanist and CD player are provided.
Shelli Long will direct and serve as musical director for the production. For questions, call the box office at 904-825-1164.
Roles are listed below:
- DORIS WALKER: Female, 30-40 years old. Special Event Coordinator for Macy's Department Store. She is a driven career woman and free thinker who has recently divorced. Hard-working and cynical.
- SUSAN WALKER: Female, 6 to 9 years old. Daughter to Dorris. She is wise beyond her years and a self-sufficient city girl.
- ENSEMBLE: Shoppers, children (school-age and teens), citizens, government officials, townspeople (Ensemble will sing and dance).
- FRED GAILYL: Male, 30 to 40 years old. A handsome Military Captain mustering out into civilian life. Smart, hopeful and warm.
- KRIS KRINGLE: Male, 55-70 years old. Kind old man who believes he is Santa Claus. He embodies all of the classic characteristics of the jolly, friendly, warm-hearted icon.
- MARVIN SHELLHAMMER: Male, 30 to 40 years old. An aggressive but somewhat bungling junior executive and the head of Public Relations.
- R.H. MACY: Male, 45-65 years old. The boss of Macy's. Very concerned with public opinion.
Actors are asked to bring a resume, head shot and prepared monologue to auditions.
For more details, call the box office at 904-825-1164.
Audition Location: Limelight Theatre, 11 Old Mission Avenue, St. Augustine 32084
Parking: Free parking is available in private lots next to and directly behind the Theatre