Oklahoma! auditions are July 30, and School of Rock auditions are August 27. Click here for complete audition details.
ON STAGE SOON: The Last 5 Years
July 29-August 21
THE LAST 5 YEARS
July 29-August 21, 2016
Koger-Gamache Studio Theatre
TICKETS: limelight-theatre.org or 904-825-1164
Limelight Theatre, 11 Old Mission Ave., uptown St. Augustine
Preview: July 28 — Terrific Tuesday: Aug. 2
An emotionally powerful and intimate musical about two New Yorkers in their twenties who fall in and out of love over the course of five years. The two characters only meet once, at their wedding in the middle of the show.
Director: Bradley Akers
Music director: Shelli Long
Micah Laird … Jamie Wellerstein
Megan Morton … Catherine Hiatt
7:30 p.m. Thursday-Saturday
2 p.m. Sunday matinee
- $26 for all tickets
11 Old Mission Ave.
uptown St. Augustine
- Oklahoma! auditions are Saturday, July 30 from 2 to 5 p.m.
- Click the image below for complete audition details
- School of Rock auditions are Saturday, August 27 at 2 p.m.
- Click here for complete audition details
Meet Pounce de Leon and Pawdro Menendez, the two lions in Limelight Theatre’s new logo, created by Design Extensions, a St. Augustine-based digital marketing agency (designextensions.com). Limelight has carved out its own history in the Ancient City, bringing live theatre to the community for 25 years!
Tickets are now available for Limelight’s 25th Season, opening in September with Oklahoma! See the new season below.
2016-17 — 25th Season
- September 23-October 23, 2016
- 25TH SEASON PARTY: September 21 at Raintree Restaurant ($60 for dinner and the show. Not included in subscription.)
- Preview: September 22
- Terrific Tuesday: September 27
In the Oklahoma territory at the turn of the 20th century, two young cowboys vie with an evil ranch hand and a traveling peddler for the hearts of the women they love.
Cotton Patch Gospel
- December 2-31, 2016
- Student/Teacher Night: November 30
- Preview: December 1
- Terrific Tuesday: December 6
Presented in a setting of rural Georgia with country music songs by Harry Chapin. Herod is the mayor of Atlanta and, inevitably, Christ is lynched by local thugs only to rise again.
- January 27-February 19, 2017
- Student/Teacher Night: January 25
- Preview: January 26
- Terrific Tuesday: January 31
Henrik Ibsen’s great social drama of a caged woman in the late 19th century explores her tormented desire for escape and her yearning for individual and spiritual freedom.
The Mystery of Irma Vep
- March 10-April 2, 2017
- Student/Teacher Night: March 8
- Preview: March 9
- Terrific Tuesday: March 14
A sympathetic werewolf, a vampire and an Egyptian princess brought to life when her tomb is opened make this a comedy that has everything! Two actors play all the roles!
I Ought To Be In Pictures
- April 21-May 14, 2017
- Student/Teacher Night: April 19
- Preview: April 20
- Terrific Tuesday: April 25
This was Limelight Theatre’s FIRST show, on stage 25 years ago! The Neil Simon play tells the story of a 19-year-old New Yorker who moves to Hollywood to become an actress and find her father, a screenwriter.
- June 2-25, 2017
- Student/Teacher Night: May 31
- Preview: June 1
- Terrific Tuesday: June 6
The Nance recreates the naughty, raucous world of burlesque’s heyday and tells the backstage story of Chauncey Miles and his fellow performers.
The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
- July 21-August 20, 2017
- Student/Teacher Night: July 19
- Preview: July 20
- Terrific Tuesday: July 25
An eclectic group of six students vie for the spelling championship of a lifetime.
- Full subscription (14 tickets): $305
- Half subscription (7 tickets): $160
Two full price tickets for the entire season would amount to $364. Subscription packages are extremely versatile! Purchase a Pick 14 and use in any combination — 1 ticket to 14 performances, 14 tickets to 1 performance, or anything in between! Call the box office at 904-825-1164 to order your Early Bird Subscription.
Funding provided by